It's been awhile since I last posted anything, so I thought I would write about Eden's disease that she got in the middle of March. We went to visit grandma Suzy and grandpa Ju for my birthday, and Eden broke out in this bad rash. We thought it was chicken pox, but it didn't quite look like it. She had really red cheeks, and was all spotted. She als
o had a pretty bad ear infection in both ears (which we found out about when we got back to Blackfoot), and she was pretty miserable. It turns out that the rash was actually what they call "Fifth's disease", aka "slap-cheek", or the more medically correct term, "Erythema Infectiosum". It usually occurs in children ages 2 to 12 years, and shows up in early spring. It can sometimes cause fever and joint pain. The rash covers the body, and can reappear on and off with exposure to heat (bathwater, sun) for 2 or 3 weeks, or even months. So just in case anyone ever gets this disease, hopefully this will help. My mom and dad helped us out a lot, and we rubbed Eden down with calamine lotion, and gave her lots of cool baths. Dr. Julio (dad) was even th
e one who figured out what she had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Poor little girl! I am so sorry she has that rash. She is so beautiful, though. I can't believe how she has grown! Congrats on your pregnancy. It was great to hear from you. If you are ever in town, someone in our family (we have like 7 season tickets between us) always seems to have an extra ticket! Call!
Yay! I'm so happy you have a blog. I love being able to keep tabs on all my friends as I am definitely the worst person ever to keep in touch! Congrats on your pregnancy--woohoo!
Im glad you have a blog. Your little girl is so cute. Congrats on the new baby.
I just found your blog and I am so excited to be able to keep in touch this way ... it looks like you are already linked to mine. It is so fun to see how you are doing...and congrats on baby on the way.
yea!!! i am so happy you have a blog and what is this? you are pregnant? we are so out of the loop! congrats!!!
So Sad, Kate has this on Valentines Day and it took 3 trips to the Dr's to figure it out. I hope she is feeling better now. Glad you have joined the blogosphere!
Post a Comment