So it's been awhile, but I figured it was time for a post since a few exciting things have happened recently. We have 2 black walnut trees lining our driveway, and since I love walnuts, I thought, "hey, let's gather them up...won't that be fun!" So we gathered, and we gathered, and we gathered some more, and we ended up with about 4 large boxes full of black walnuts. The black walnut itself is actually encased in a green hull that has to be removed. The hull is pretty difficult to remove and it contains a dye called juglone. It stains REALLY bad, so you want to be sure to wear gloves while un-husking the walnuts. I actually wore gloves, but when I rinsed the walnuts, another step to the precarious process of harvesting black walnuts, I did not wear gloves (genious, I know), so this is what my hands have looked like for the past 2 weeks.

Owen is walking all over the place now, and he really gets around. He likes to run off while we are at church and finds a sick satisfaction in hiding from me. He has quite the personality. Well, that's all I feel like writing right now. Here are a few pictures of my beautiful babies.

9 comments:
Your kids are seriously so beautiful, and I am jealous of your new ride.
Too cute! Thanks for the update!
So happy to see all your faces. We miss you guys a lot - hopefully we will get to hook up at Christmas. Tell my handsome cousin hi. Love you guys!
Awesome new car!
And holy cow the kids are growing up SO fast!
So good to hear from you!Your kids are so cute!
I love your family so much. I miss you guys! Eden is beautiful wow she's getting big. I love when you update
We can hardly wait for our vacation with you to Julio and Emily's. Tell Eden I get to pick the movies to watch! We will be hugging and kissing in the backseat with the kids! Thanks for buying a car for us.
Your kids are looking so big and cute!
Sara! I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER! I laughed when I read your blog about the walnuts and thought..."sara would" but I am really excited for you guys about your new van. You are officially a soccer mom! Well I cant wait to see you and the kids..oh and my brother. much love!
Post a Comment