On the 4th, we had our annual Carter Family Reunion at my mom and dad's house in the canyon. We were able to go to it this year. It wasn't as big as it has been in years past because everyone is so spread out now. My Aunt Marsha has 8 kids, but only 1 of them lives even remotely close. It was fun to see some of my cousins though. I'm one of the younger cousins though, so I was the only one there with a baby. My mom always works so hard to make everything perfect for the reunion. I admire her ability to get so much done and she has so much energy! My dad smoked some ribs and brats, and the food was oh so good.
Later that night, Clint and I took the kids to Midway to watch the fireworks at Memorial Hill. The fireworks are so close and the kids laid on top of the van while they watched the fireworks exploding right over their heads. It was great, and Ivy LOVED the fireworks! She kept screaming with joy everytime they would go off.
I love the 4th of July and I am so grateful for all the men and women who have sacrificed so much for our awesome country. I feel so blessed to have a grandma, a grandpa, 2 brothers, and a husband who have served our country in the military. My heart is so full of love and respect everytime we sing our National Anthem, or when I see our flag billowing in the breeze. I am so grateful to have all the many freedoms we enjoy because of others who were willing to sacrifice. We are so blessed.
 |
| Ivy looking cute in her red, white and blue |
 |
| Clint played us some songs on my uncle Ned's guitar |
 |
| Me and my sweet baby |
0 comments:
Post a Comment