1. Where did you meet? Clint and I met at the gym. He was flexing his gigantic muscles in the mirror, and I thought, “Wow, what a hunk!” Not really, but we did meet in the gym. We were actually in the same student ward at Utah State University in Logan, but the first time we talked to each other was at Academy Fitness where I worked, and he worked out. He recognized me from church when I was coming in to work one day. He was a good conversationalist and we hit it off nicely. I thought it strange too that every time I came into work after that, he was there working out. Hmmm… coincidence. I think not!
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? I don’t remember exactly what I thought, but I do remember thinking, “he has no hair.” Luckily he has a good-shaped head. I also recall the first time I heard him play the guitar. He invited me up the canyon with some friends for a campfire cookout. He pulled out his guitar and started playing, "Here without you" by 3 Doors Down. That is my all-time favorite song, and when I heard him play it and sing it, I was smitten. To this very day, that is "our song." It's true what they say, guys with guitars get the chicks.
3. Do you remember what he was wearing? I don't remember what he was wearing when we first met, but I do remember a church activity that I went to shortly after we met. He was there and he was throwing the football around with his friends. He was wearing a blue sweater that matched his eyes, and accentuated his musculature.
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? We went for a walk and he took me to this nature park that was pretty close to where I lived in Logan, but it was hidden and not many people knew about it. There was a bridge that crossed over the river, and we stopped on the bridge to talk. School was almost done for the semester, and I was leaving to go home for the summer in a day or so. I said something like, “It’s a shame when you meet someone and start to like them, then just have to leave.” He said, “what do you mean?” I was like, “Duh!”, but I didn’t say that, I just said, “you know… like how we just started hanging out and now we have to leave for the summer.” “Ohhh...”, he said, after a moment of clarity. Then he took off his ball cap and kissed me.
5. How did he ask you out? Well, he never really asked me out, but I remember going home for the summer, and he said he would call me. I didn’t hear from him for almost a week. So I decided I would take matters into my own hands, and I called him. He says now that he was just about to call me when I called him, but I like to think that I was the one that got the ball rolling. After that we called each other frequently.
6. Where did you go for your first date? We went to the ranch where Clint worked for the summer for his uncle. It was up near Soda Springs, Idaho. He invited me up for the weekend. Our first date would probably be stopping at Subway to get some grub, then he took me up to a beautiful scenic spot, and we had a little picnic. We also rode horses that weekend, went down the river, went to Lava Hot Springs, and finally had dinner at his grandad’s house in Malad with his family.
7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? Ummm…probably a few months. We don’t like to waste any time. Actually it was just the right time for both of us. We started dating in May 2004, got engaged 4 months later, and were married 3 months after that. We were both read y to move on and were sick of the whole dating game.
8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes. September 11, 2004. We were down at my parent’s house in Provo Canyon. Clint asked me to take him on a hike to my favorite place in the mountains. So I showed him one of my most favorite places up in the meadow. While we were there, we were enjoying the scenery, and he started fumbling in his pocket for something. Before I knew it, he pulled out a little box, got on his knee and asked me to marry him. I hugged him and said, “yes, yes, yes, yes!” Then he tried to put the ring on my finger, but it was way too small. I guess he didn’t know me that well after all!
9. Do you and this person have kids together? Yes! Eden Rose = 1 ½ , and #2 on the way (it’s a boy!)
10. Have you ever broken the law together? Ummmmm….. No (for the record)
11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person? When we would have long conversations at the gym and I realized that he was really interested in what I had to say. He was a good friend to me, and he was so easy to talk to.
12. Do you get along with this person ex's? Of course… I even let one of the girls he previously kissed be my roommate. I’m not the jealous type (yeah right!)
13. What's the most expensive thing this person has given you? My wedding ring, and Eden.
14. What is the one thing this person does that gets on your nerves? Well, sometimes he forgets to push his chair in at the dinner table, and for some reason it drives me crazy. But that’s about it!
15. What is the one thing you do that gets on his nerves? I’m sure there are many things, but one thing I know for sure is when I try to talk to him and tell him all about my day right as he is trying to go to sleep, or when he is really getting into a good book. For some reason I just get really talkative right before bed or when he is in the middle of doing something.
16. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Hopefully in a home that we own, in a place we both love. Also, we would like to have a few horses, cats, dogs, kids, and a nice yard. I would like to be playing soccer and coaching my kids, and Clint wants to just have the freedom to roam around the mountains with his horse and his gun.
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? I don’t remember exactly what I thought, but I do remember thinking, “he has no hair.” Luckily he has a good-shaped head. I also recall the first time I heard him play the guitar. He invited me up the canyon with some friends for a campfire cookout. He pulled out his guitar and started playing, "Here without you" by 3 Doors Down. That is my all-time favorite song, and when I heard him play it and sing it, I was smitten. To this very day, that is "our song." It's true what they say, guys with guitars get the chicks.
3. Do you remember what he was wearing? I don't remember what he was wearing when we first met, but I do remember a church activity that I went to shortly after we met. He was there and he was throwing the football around with his friends. He was wearing a blue sweater that matched his eyes, and accentuated his musculature.
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? We went for a walk and he took me to this nature park that was pretty close to where I lived in Logan, but it was hidden and not many people knew about it. There was a bridge that crossed over the river, and we stopped on the bridge to talk. School was almost done for the semester, and I was leaving to go home for the summer in a day or so. I said something like, “It’s a shame when you meet someone and start to like them, then just have to leave.” He said, “what do you mean?” I was like, “Duh!”, but I didn’t say that, I just said, “you know… like how we just started hanging out and now we have to leave for the summer.” “Ohhh...”, he said, after a moment of clarity. Then he took off his ball cap and kissed me.
5. How did he ask you out? Well, he never really asked me out, but I remember going home for the summer, and he said he would call me. I didn’t hear from him for almost a week. So I decided I would take matters into my own hands, and I called him. He says now that he was just about to call me when I called him, but I like to think that I was the one that got the ball rolling. After that we called each other frequently.
6. Where did you go for your first date? We went to the ranch where Clint worked for the summer for his uncle. It was up near Soda Springs, Idaho. He invited me up for the weekend. Our first date would probably be stopping at Subway to get some grub, then he took me up to a beautiful scenic spot, and we had a little picnic. We also rode horses that weekend, went down the river, went to Lava Hot Springs, and finally had dinner at his grandad’s house in Malad with his family.
7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? Ummm…probably a few months. We don’t like to waste any time. Actually it was just the right time for both of us. We started dating in May 2004, got engaged 4 months later, and were married 3 months after that. We were both read y to move on and were sick of the whole dating game.
8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes. September 11, 2004. We were down at my parent’s house in Provo Canyon. Clint asked me to take him on a hike to my favorite place in the mountains. So I showed him one of my most favorite places up in the meadow. While we were there, we were enjoying the scenery, and he started fumbling in his pocket for something. Before I knew it, he pulled out a little box, got on his knee and asked me to marry him. I hugged him and said, “yes, yes, yes, yes!” Then he tried to put the ring on my finger, but it was way too small. I guess he didn’t know me that well after all!
9. Do you and this person have kids together? Yes! Eden Rose = 1 ½ , and #2 on the way (it’s a boy!)
10. Have you ever broken the law together? Ummmmm….. No (for the record)
11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person? When we would have long conversations at the gym and I realized that he was really interested in what I had to say. He was a good friend to me, and he was so easy to talk to.
12. Do you get along with this person ex's? Of course… I even let one of the girls he previously kissed be my roommate. I’m not the jealous type (yeah right!)
13. What's the most expensive thing this person has given you? My wedding ring, and Eden.
14. What is the one thing this person does that gets on your nerves? Well, sometimes he forgets to push his chair in at the dinner table, and for some reason it drives me crazy. But that’s about it!
15. What is the one thing you do that gets on his nerves? I’m sure there are many things, but one thing I know for sure is when I try to talk to him and tell him all about my day right as he is trying to go to sleep, or when he is really getting into a good book. For some reason I just get really talkative right before bed or when he is in the middle of doing something.
16. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Hopefully in a home that we own, in a place we both love. Also, we would like to have a few horses, cats, dogs, kids, and a nice yard. I would like to be playing soccer and coaching my kids, and Clint wants to just have the freedom to roam around the mountains with his horse and his gun.
For those of you reading this, now it's your turn to share all about you, so get going! Thanks for the fun tag Keysh!

5 comments:
Oh, so cute! I din't know Clint was such a romantic!!!! Do you know yet where you are going to end up? Waiting to hear!!!
This was cute. I do the same thing, and get really talkative at night, I think it drives my hubby crazy too. And no haired husbands are totally hot right now I agree!
Ah...So cute! I love hearing the "courting" stories! I think it's so funny to read about you meeting a guy and falling in love. My little Juan...shy little Juan! I love it! You found a great guy (and he got an even better gal!) You two are perfect and you have such a beautiful little girl (and I'm sure you're little boy will be so handsome!)
My favorite is that you met in the gym...you buff chica!
re: #8, the engagement...That wasn't the same meadow we had an adventurous drive on was it? I was telling the story of our "hiking" (but really driving) mishap the other day and was laughing so hard. You and I know how to get in the silliest kind of trouble.
Sara,
Ok I have to pick your brain. we are going to ft. knox! I hope you can give me some leads on apartments or soemthing! I'm kinda freaking out here.
BECCA
Post a Comment