Thursday, September 18, 2008

OWEN IS HERE!

Well I finally found some time to update my blog. A lot has happened since my last post about a month ago. We now have 2 kids, so life is a little more hectic these days. Right now I am sitting downstairs at the computer with little Owen asleep in my lap, and Eden is upstairs watching Cinderella. The big news is that we had our new little baby boy, Owen David Edwards two weeks ago, on September 3rd. He was born at 8:12 am, weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long. I had to have a c-section, but I am recovering nicely. Here is a picture of me a few days before giving birth.

Clint holding the new addition to our family. "Whew," he says, "it's a boy!" You can almost see the relief in his face.

Here I am with my new little son. This is the first time I got to hold him after coming out of the recovery room. My spinal anesthesia was wearing off, and I was starting to be able to feel my legs again. (And the pain from the incision in my stomach!)


Home at last! Eden missed us. She had fun playing with grandma Rodriguez for a few days though.


Eden and Owen

Some more new additions to the family. My mom brought up these kittens for us when she came to help out with Owen. Their names are Gus-gus and Dot-dot (Eden helped name them.)

Owen had jaundice pretty bad, and his bilirubin was 18 (which is quite high), so we had to have him on the portable lights for a while, which is why he looks like he is glowing (either that or he is just really innocent and pure)

24 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Sara! He's a cute one. Boy's are fun little dudes to have around. And good luck with the two kids thing. You'd think it would only be doubly difficult but somehow it ends up being exponentially tons more work! Keep up with that posting, woman!

Talia Jensen said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you! Hope you are feeling well.

amy + jeff said...

Congrats on the cute, little new guy! I love that name, Owen.

Amy said...

Yea! I'm happy to see more pics on your blog! What a cute family.

Anonymous said...

Sara, he is beautiful! Congratulations on his safe arrival. I am so happy for you!

Shep's Blog said...

Eddie and Sara, that is soo cool to hear that your long awaited addition to the family is finally here. He's a good looking kid. Congrats! We miss you guys and look forward to moving back to Boise and coming out to visit some time.

D'N K said...

Yea OWEN IS HERE!! Sara he is so cute!! I can't wait to hold him. I'm just so glad everything went well. See you soon.

Taking Flight said...

I am so happy for your family!!! Owen is sure a cute baby, I love the photo of him, he looks so happy!! We sure miss you guys here in Blackfoot, please come visit if you are ever in the area!!! You're going to be busy now, with two kids and two cats....how fun it is to see pic's of your family!!!

Horner Family said...

Congratulations! Owen is adorable! I've been thinking I needed to look at your blog and see if your little guy was added. I'm so happy for you guys!

Crystal and Jake said...

Wow, it sounds like you have more of a story to tell, but we are so glad that he is healthy and home. I also am a huge fan of the name Owen!

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm happy to hear everyone is healthy and well.

Keysha said...

Congratulations! I love his name, and he is adorable! I am glad everything went well (It's kind of nice the 2nd time around, because you know a little more what to expect!)

Keep the pictures come'n!

Soccer Mom said...

CONGRATS! He is adorable! Sounds like things are going GREAT for you guys!

Jessica Davis said...

Congratulations on your new little addition! He is adorable. Thanks for visiting our blog.

Allie said...

He looks so much like my little SwEden in that first picture! So stinkin cute! I want to hold him!!

dawnie said...

Congrats! He is darling. You have such a cute little family. I hope everyone is adjusting well!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sara! It's nice to see you and the family are doing well. Owen is really cute and it looks like Eden is taking the role of a BIG sister seriously. I am sure she is a GIGANTIC help. I hope things continue goig great.

The Tomlinsons said...

Oh, Sara, he looks like you! Very, very cute! Congratulations on all of the fun happenings in your life!

Julander Family said...

What a sweet boy! Congratulations he's perfect! And you are amazingly beautiful after giving birth! Lucky girl!

Deanna said...

Congrats! We had a September baby, too! Chloe was born during the middle of hurricane Ike on September 13th. Glad to hear you and your family are doing well!

Cory said...

Woohoo! Another one down! Congrats. He's beautiful and Eden seems very happy and helpful!

Anonymous said...

Sara, he is so cute! I am happy to here that you and the family are doing so well. Eden is so big. It always seems like your first kid seems giant right after you have another little one. Well it did to me anyway!! Hope to see you soon!!

Love-
Samyhe

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby, and Love the name! Congratualtions on a healthy baby.We look forward to seeing you. I didn't know you had a blog, so I'll add you to my list. Love ya! and congrats once agin.I'm glad everything went well for you with the labor and delivery. Now comes the hard part!!

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

Sara, congrats! he's beautiful!