Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sorry blog followers

This post goes out to all of you who check (or stalk) our blog, and have been saddened by my lack of posting. This is the first update I have done in almost 2 months! Yikes! I'm a slacker I know, but I just have other things that keep me busy at the moment (like a little person named Eden, and another one named Owen). I felt the need to update our blog however, considering the events that have transpired recently. Our little Owen was blessed yesterday at church. This is actually our second try at having him blessed. The first blessing date was set for October 12th, but oddly enough, we happened to have over 2 feet of snowfall that day, and church was cancelled. So we set the date for yesterday. We had Clint's family here, minus Jimmie, Kandy and Lexie who are in Pennslyvania. We also had my family here, minus Julio, Emily, Nic, Tony, Amy, Sydney, and Dante. Here are some pictures of our snow (that is all melted now), and some of the blessing.

Four generations of good-looking guys! The Abrahamic Covenant at work.

As you can see, Owen looks very dashing in his white tuxedo (thanks to Derek and Keli Andersen). However, shortly after arriving at church, I was conducting Primary and my mom held up Owen and there was a large poop stain on his cute little white tuxedoed bum. Don't worry though Keli, my mom washed it out, and Ana took it home and threw it in the dryer, and was back in time for the blessing, so all was good!

Also, call me crazy, but Eden was an angel for Halloween. I know that it's kind of an oxymoron to be an angel for Halloween, but I thought it would bring some Holiday joy to the otherwise dark and spooky holiday. She made a pretty cute angel too, but I don't think anyone can top my brother Tony's Buddy the Elf costume!

I also thoroughly enjoy the next pictures. The first one is of Eden reading to Owen, and the next ones are of Owen getting a face painting job. Yes, I let my 2 year old paint the baby. Not intentionally of course. That's what I get for leaving her alone with paint for 2 seconds. It was pretty funny though.



Wielding a brush


And finally, for those of you who are reading our blog, let's be honest, who does Owen look like the most, Sara or Clint?

Baby Sara and brother Tony

Sara

Clint

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like you - for sure, Sara!

I can't believe all that snow! Congrats on his baby blessing. Glad you are doing well, and are hopefully out of blogging hibernation :) And Eden makes a very adorable angel!

Soccer Mom said...

I think he looks like you for sure!!! Eden is adorable as an angel!

Ali said...

Sara, you look so beautiful in your family picture. What cute kids. I hope you are doing well with all that snow up there.

Ali Jarvis Carlile

Amy said...

I was just telling Tony the other day that I think Owen looks alot like you now (in the recent pics), but seeing the baby picture of you with Tony--he totally looks like you.

Love all the pics. And the update.

Stan said...

Wow, Clint looks the exact same as a 2 year old as he does now, except he has hair.

Allie said...

WHat a hottie you are!!!! I miss my little SwEden! And yes, Owen is so you! Might as well too, you did most of the work!

Amy said...

Oh, I totally can see Eden in CLint's pic.

Emily said...

Congrats on the baby blessing, I love baby blessings. Owen is a very handsome little fella. And I am a big fan of happy and sweet costumes for Halloween. I'm not so much into the gorry scary stuff. Eden made a very cute angel!

The Tomlinsons said...

Sara...you look so great! Your baby looks just like you. Congrats.
I can not believe all the snow. I don't miss the snow at all!!!! Ok maybe a little.

Remodelaholic said...

Oh, I am so glad you are back! It is fun to see your darling kids! And man, I wish I could be as fit after just having a baby actually I wish I could look that good right now! Good job!

Julander Family said...

I definitely vote that Owen looks like your twin. And I agree with all that you look fantastic after just having a baby! Congrats on the blessing you have a sweet little family

Crystal said...

I agree that he looks like you all the way, what fun. Glad everything finally worked out with the blessing.