Yes, that is the name by which I will now be known. Just last week, I interviewed for the head girl's soccer coach position here at Burley High School, and I got the job! I'm pretty excited. It will be a good challenge, considering the fact that they didn't do so well last season. I plan on whipping these girls into shape, and making them lean, mean, winning machines! It will also be interesting to try and juggle being a full-time mom, and a Varsity soccer coach. I guess I am definitely what you could call a "soccer mom!" Well, that is the biggest news of late.
And here is our good dog, Cole. No, he is not dead, he is just taking a nap. He is a border collie that we acquired from my brother and sister-in-law. He is a great dog, and we love having him around. I'm kind of a sucker for animals, and I let him in a lot because he has such a sad look on his face when he sees us all having a good time in the house. He gets along really well with the cats. In fact, Eden is always picking up the cats and trying to make them ride on Cole. She says, "Gus-gus, want ride Cole?" I also enjoy taking Cole when I go running. I hook his leash to my waist, and we take off. Since he has so much energy, I end up almost sprinting for 3 miles straight. It has definitely helped me improve my time!
One of Eden's latest things is that she always says, "Mom, watch this." And she doesn't stop saying it until I see what it is that she wants me to watch. Usually it is something silly like kicking her leg in the air, or doing some silly dance. She also says it to Clint. The only difference is that she calls him "Clint". The other day she said, "Clint, watch this!" When he looked at her, she was looking around trying to find something clever that she could show him. It was pretty humorous.
Here is a little video clip of our darling Owen. He is almost 5 months old, and he is such a smiler. He smiles at everyone, and he loves to laugh. He is a sweet, sensitive little guy, and if you frown at him or startle him, he is so sensitive, that he pouts out his lower lip, and starts to cry. I told my mom that he reminds me of me when I was a baby. She was like, "How do you know, you didn't know you when you were a baby." I guess that's true, but he does remind me of me. He also loves to be held and cuddled.
9 comments:
That is totally AWESOME! Good Luck with the coaching stuff!!! Your kids are adorable and so is the dog! :)
Last week I was talking to some of my friends, former Bobcat soccer players, about their experiences (and coaches). It seems it's been a while since they've had a really good coach. You're just what they need-- good luck!
I love seeing your little family! Owen is so big! Congrats on the soccer stuff. Derek coached at twin it's really not as busy as you would think. That's really fun you have a dog. I wish mine could go in the house. Talk to you soon. Keli
Congrats on the soccer job. You will be great! How's seminary going in Idaho?
strike hard, strike first, no mercy....way to go coach edwards, and good luck. Also your little ones are ADORABLE
I echo Amy's comment! Go Coach! I am not a bit suprised. You'll be a great coach! I loved the video of Owen! Baby laughs are the best.
Congrats and good luck! You will be such a fun coach!
Congratulations on your new coaching job! I'm so excited for you - you'll do great.
Congrats on the job. You will be a great coach!! Good luck!!
Post a Comment