So I'm doing pretty good because this is my second post in a week! I remembered that I wanted to write about our experience with "the runaway horse." The other day, a neighbor stopped by the house and said that our black horse was walking down the road. Apparently he had escaped. The worst part about it was that:
a) Clint was still at work,
b) the horse isn't even ours. Clint is just riding it for this guy during the winter to give it some exercise and get used to being ridden, and
c) the road he was walking down is a busier road with lots of big trucks that go really fast.
I had no idea what to do, so I called Clint at work, had the seminary principal get him out of class, and asked him what to do. He said to take a halter and go and catch him! Yeah right. I've never caught a horse before. Besides, what was I supposed to do when I did catch him. I would be in a car, with 2 kids, and a horse being dragged out the window.
Well, I got in the car, took off down and road, and looked all over for the horse. He was no where to be found! To make a long story short, school got over, I went to get Clint, and we both searched all over for him. We actually found him about a mile from our house, in a neighbor's backyard. Our neighbor had apparently caught him for us, and put him in his corral with his other horses. Well, since school had just got out, Clint was still in his suit and tie. However, he mounted the horse, bareback, and started riding home! You can only imagine the looks he got, in his nice slacks, shoes, white shirt, and tie, riding a horse down the road bareback! Here's a picture for your viewing enjoyment. 
I also wanted to put a picture on here of our little thumbsucking Owen. Ever since he was teeny tiny, he has been a thumbsucker. I think it is pretty cute, and it is also handy because he can easily soothe himself. He is also a cuddler (which I just love!)
Here is another picture of our happy little guy!
13 comments:
Love the picture! That is so Clint!!
I can't even say I am surprised. He is definitely in heaven out there! Glad to see you're doing well - congrats on the job!
He's adorable Sara! And I love the horse story, you must be so proud of your cowboy!
You look AMAZING!! And Owen is growing and I miss hy incredibly swweet boy!
Love the 'horse' story, that's hilarious!! And the pic on the horse in a suit is classic!! I love the pics of your little man too, he is getting so big already...what a handsome little guy. Hpoe all is well!
Heya,
I am from Malad and I was just wondering if you guys have Jimmie's phone number or e-mail. I am in charge of getting ahold of everyone for our 10 year class reunion.
my e-mail address is tanners19@hotmail.com
thanks,
Tana Eliason Draper
You are going to be so glad you wrote the horse story down! Its a good one! Your family is growing...so cute! And you look amazing! Your one of those girls that looks better and better with age!! Looks like you guys are doing well!
I wish you would've found the horse and ridden it bareback!
Soccer Coach...Love that! You will be amazing! (Such an inspiration to young girls). Good luck with your season; tell them all about 'Juan'!
Hi Sara & Clint! This is Annie (Parker) from the old married student ward. I found your blog from Leslie's! It's good to "see" you guys. Your little fam is adorable. Hope you don't mind me stopping by. Mike says hi too.
What a great story! Come on Sara, just grab the halter and catch the horse--no big deal!
Your kids are so cute. You are one cute mommy, too!
Sara,
the kids are so beautiful and sweet. I am glad everybody are doing great. It will be so nice if we can get together someday!! Thanks for charing your pictures.
Love, Annette, Sev & Zeke Walsh
Nice picture. I was Clint's roommate at USU for a while, and in his ward for a few years, so the riding horses doesn't surprise me, but him as a seminary teacher is pretty funny. I can just see him calling out for some praise and glory like he used to do as our EQ President... :)
I should say that my name is Jeremy Kidd, so Clint won't get excited that he has an anonymous cyberstalker... :)
Post a Comment