Wednesday, March 4, 2009

6 months old!

I figured it was time for another post. I am really so bad at this. When I have some free time though, I would rather be doing other things than sitting at the computer. Well, nothing too new has happened lately. I just read a friend's blog that was in our student ward in Logan. She has a good friend whose husband was just recently killed in Iraq. There was a nice tribute to him on the news. He has a wife and 2 small boys. It made me very sad, especially since my brother Julio is in Iraq right now, and Clint is scheduled to be deployed (probably to Afghanistan) in October 2010. I just really appreciate those men and women who so willingly sacrifice to serve our country.

On a lighter note, Owen's 6 month old birthday was yesterday. We didn't really do anything to celebrate, but say, "Whoa, Owen's 6 months old today," but it was still a special day. Especially since it got up to 60 degrees here in the great state of Idaho!

I always love the month of March. My birthday is March 18th, and when I was growing up, March was MY month. I basically tried to celebrate my birthday everyday of the month. Also, my favorite holiday was always St. Patrick's Day because it was the day before my REAL birthday, and my favorite color was green. I still like March, but I try not to celebrate my birthday everyday. I don't want to see too greedy or self-centered. I usually just stick to the week of my birthday.

4 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

He is so stinkin' cute! And, Happy Birthday early!!!! Hope Clint takes you somewhere special!

Jessica Davis said...

Super cute! He has grown so much. Where does the time go?! Clint and I recently went private with our blog so email me your email and we will add you to our list. Jhardydavis@gmail.com

The Tomlinsons said...

Six months already--wow! He's a cutie! And I echo your sentiments about our soldiers. Living in a military town, it is a constant reminder that there are so many who fight for freedom every day.

Ana Vonrikmar said...

Happy birthday little Owen! I love the pictures, he is such a doll. I must be commenting as Ana. I am not sure how that happens-just a quirk, I am sure. I love my little grandkids. Where is a current picture of Eden?
Love, Grandma