Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Miss You Burley!

This week's blog post is dedicated to...Burley, Idaho! We moved from our lovely home in Burley in October to live with my parents while Clint is deployed. I miss my home, my friends, my ward, and everything about Burley (except for the somewhat incessant wind). We had so many wonderful memories in our home.

Eden's dinosaur birthday cake. I made the horse cake for Clint a month before to practice for Eden's cake. I know Clint's cake looks like a cake for a 2 year old, but Clint likes horses okay!

We moved to Burley in July 2008 when Clint was assigned to teach seminary at Burley High School. Our baby boy Owen was born a few months later in September. The kids loved living there and they had so many good friends. Eden and her best buddy, Bridger Duncan, were inseparable. I've never seen kids so young be so connected. The day we moved from Burley, Bridger gave Eden a teddy bear and said, "Eden, this is Bridger Bear. Whenever you get sad or miss me, just give him a hug." I couldn't help but cry, especially when Tiffanie, Bridger's mom, told me how Bridger cried all day long the day his little friend left. I miss my friend Tiffanie too. I became friends with her when I was called to be the Primary secretary while she was the President. She was always there for me, especially when Clint left for Iraq. She would always invite me over for dinner and let me be a part of her family. She is such an amazing example to me of a wonderful mother and of someone who is so willing to serve others. I miss her so much!

BRIDGER and EDEN

Eden's preschool friends

We had such an amazing ward in Burley. The day we moved in, we had a stream of non-stop visitors just coming by to bring us food and introduce themselves. Our neighbor Paul, came over and mowed our lawn and weeded the garden. Our friends Lex and Rachelle helped us get wood for the winter, among many many other things. Maryann Clayton was like a mother to me. I love and miss her so much. As well as Karla Ward, Judy Zollinger, Michelle Thornton, Krista Gammon, and so many others. I've never known so many amazing, good, incredibly awesome people in one area. Everyone in our ward was my friend. I love and miss them all.

I also miss my friends in town. We lived out in the country, but I had some amazing friends that lived in town. I first met Ashley Wray when we were both at the Health Department getting our babies their shots. Then we kept meeting each other at the park, the library, etc. (Burley isn't very big). She invited me to a girl's lunch she was having at her house, and that's how I got introduced to all the amazing girls that became my friends. So thank you Ashley! She is one of my best friends. She also watched my kids everyday during the soccer season while Clint was gone. Some of the girls that became my good friends are Alyssa, Ericka, Amie, Marci, Jess, Jenn, Adele, and of course Megi Jones.
Ericka, Ashley and Me after running a very cold 5K in May.

Megi Jones is one of my very best friends. She was my assistant coach for the soccer team this past season. She is so amazing. The girls absolutely loved her and I could never have made it through the season without her. She took over for several practices and games since Clint left right in the middle of the season. I miss her so much. She is so easy to talk to and she has been such a support to me on the soccer field and off. She was always offering to take care of my kids for me, and was just more than willing to help out anytime. She is also one of the most patriotic people I know. I love and miss her tons!
Megi and Me

So just a recap. To all my friends in Burley.... I love and miss you all. Thank you for making our 2 years in Burley a wonderful experience that we will NEVER forget! We probably won't be back in Burley since Clint will get reassigned somewhere else to teach when he gets back, but we will always remember you. There are many people that I love and miss that I didn't mention, but just know that you all on my mind and in my prayers all the time.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

So this post made me cry. Not because I know any of your wonderful friends, but because I will be going through such a thing soon. Austin can't wait to leave, but I will leave kicking and screaming. Many of my best friends live here now!

Andrea said...

It is so amazing to know there are really good people who care. We get so attached and have to make changes is so hard. We pray for your family and hope all is going well. We can't believe how big your kids are. They are so dang cute.

Alli Bo Bally said...

Burley misses you too coach!!! :(

Deidra said...

It was so sad to drive past your cute, but dark and lonely, house so many times while we were home for Christmas. I know people quickly fell in love with the Edwards and are sad to see you gone!

MegiJones said...

Sara...I just love you. Thank you for your kind words. It is amazing to me how many lives you & Clint touched in the short time that you lived here. I hope the job brings you back someday. Friends like you are hard to come by...love ya!!!

MegiJones said...

Oh and I LOVE the cake you made for Clint...lol...reminded me of the pictures you drew for him "from the kids"...ha ha!

Steph said...

I was at the seminary the other day and remembered again how much we miss you. Our favorite couples always seem to move! (Nothing against the ones left--we love them too!) I was wondering how things were going and was glad to track down your blog. We miss you and hope there ends up being an opening--as long as it's not us! =)

Ashley Wray said...

I just barely saw this super sweet post! Oh Sara, can you please move back! I'm so glad that we kept bumping into each other and got to be such good friends.
Love you guys, hope all is well!

Jenn said...

Sarah--we miss you too!!!! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I can follow your blog!!! I hope everything is going good for you and your family!!!