Eden has been tagged, which I didn't really know what meant, but after reading Amy and Tony's blog, I guess that I just write a few fun facts about Eden for your reading enjoyment, and for those of you who don't get to see her often.
1. Eden was born at Fort Knox, Kentucky on August 2, 2006. She was born C-section because she was breech. She did not want to conform to the norm, and she has been that way ever since.
2. Eden's full name is Eden Rose Edwards. My dad likes to call her E.R. I was flipping through a baby name book and came across the name Eden. I've always thought it was a pretty name, so I went with it. For her middle name, I thought of something beautiful that must have been in the Garden of Eden, and "Rose" seemed more appropriate than "Forbidden Fruit."
3. One of Eden's first words was "ashes", as in "ashes, ashes, we all fall down!" She spins in a circle as she says it, although it sounds a lot more like, "asses."
4. Eden loves to be outside. Everytime I ask her if she wants to go outside, she runs and grabs her shoes and tries to put them on. No matter how cold it is, she wants to be outside. When I bring her in after more than an hour of being out, she cries and cries and tries to open the door and go out again.
5. She is very bow-legged, which was not a huge surprise to us since Clint and I are both bow-legged people. When I ran track at William Penn, someone once told me that bow-legged people are fast runners, so maybe she will be a track star.
6. She loves nursery. The first time I took her there, she walked right in, and didn't even notice I had left. She wasn't even 18 months old yet.
7. Eden is NOT shy. She will go up to anyone and lift up her arms for them to pick her up. Nice, but sometimes a little frightening for mom. She loves everyone and has since she was just a wee baby.
8. She is a picky eater, and she would probably rather do anything but eat. She likes oatmeal, pancakes, french toast, and most breakfast foods, but after breakfast, it's a chore to get her to eat. She does love milk though, and jelly beans.
9. Eden is a very independent individual. She can entertain herself for hours on end. She loves to look at books, and for those of you who have heard her laugh, she has the most contagious laugh ever.
10. She loves to dance, and listen to bluegrass music (takes after her dad). Anytime she hears music, she starts to groove, and I must say she is a pretty good dancer (takes after her mom. However, Clint would beg to differ!) Sometimes she will even dance when there is no music at all (kinda weird!)
11. Eden is lively, energetic, and will one day be a great soccer player. Watch for her during the Women's World Cup in about 18-20 years!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
(More than) 8 Things about Eden
Posted by Edwards Clan at 12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She's grown so much since we saw her last. We can't wait to see you guys. See, wasn't that fun? (To write about her)...now we all know Eden a little better.
That was so fun to read. She is a little cutie. However, you did make a type-o in the #1 write up. You always point out my flaws! We love you and it is great to feel close to you so far away in Mexico.
What a beautiful little girl! I loved reading all about her! I think Mike is priming my girls to be soccer players also! Maybe they will meet up someday!
Post a Comment